Rao II Bridge, During Construction
Rao II cable-stayed bridge crosses Lach Tray river about 1 km upstream from Rao (I) bridge in the coastal city of Haiphong, situated in northern Vietnam 100 km from Hanoi. Some technical bridge parameters:
- One pylon cable-stay bridge, peak height +47.363 m.
- Constant steel and concrete girder structure.
- Length: 248 m.
- Span: (70+120+40) m = 230 m.
- Width: 25.5 m (4 lanes for motor vehicle and 2 lanes for others)
- Ship passing clearance 7m (frequency 5%), width 50 m.
- Designed loading capacity: Car HL-93, according to 22-TCN-272-01 standard enforced in 2001 by Ministry of Transport.
- Leading path: 700 m (500 m + 200 m) length on 2 sides, designed as main street grade II standard, speed allow 80 km/h.
Rao II Bridge, Plan
TDV was involved as independent checker for the erection sequence proposed by MT Højgaard, Denmark. The work included modelling of the structure, finding optimal cable-stay stress values, camber and fabrication shapes calculation of steel girders, simulation of erection sequence (erection control).
Rao II Bridge, Numerical Model
- State of Construction:
- In construction, expected completeion in 2013
- TDV Involvement:
- Structural modelling
- Cable stressing optimization
- Camber and fabrication shapes calculation of steel girders
- Simulation of erection sequence (erection control).
TDV Consulting GmbH
Dorian Janjic & Partner
A-8010 Graz, Austria